We are the official Hong Kong coordinators of the global cleanup movement, on behalf of Ocean Conservancy and Let’s Do It World Cleanup, which is sanctioned by UNEP.
Do It Yourself Clean Up
Zero Waste Challenge
Managed Cleanups Include:
- Registration – Complete all paperwork for enrolment in a Cleanup Challenge, including team registration and government approvals as required
- Advisory – Advise client on location, transport, F&B, safety, and scheduling options
- Planning – Event rundown creation, bookings for transport, F&B, liaising with client on registrations and teams, weather arrangements, cleanup materials & preparation
- Internal communications support – provide ideas and language for inviting participants
- Teambuilding activities – plan and lead team trash collecting competition and, based on
- Event management – Two Hong Kong Cleanup staff to manage onsite registrations, teams management, briefing and education, materials distribution, photography, data support, awards presentations;
- Data Management – Train participants on data collection, support data collection during event and collate data post-event for inclusion in reports
- Post event – Send photographs and event recap to client, publish acknowledgment on social media (pending client approval)
- Cleanup Materials: Gloves, bags, clipboards, pencils and data cards for all teams
- Team Prizes: A selection of HK Cleanup merchandise and sponsored prizes
- Award Certificate: Team will be presented with a certificate on event day
- Organizer materials: Event schedule, first aid, signage, education materials
- Event Banner: May be provided for group photo (optional)
- Photographer: HK Cleanup will take photographs for the day’s event and deliver to Team on CD for internal use and sharing
Costing (not including transportation and F&B):
- 10 – 30 participants = HKD 15,000 (Minimum charge)
- 31 – 50 participants = HKD 16,000
- 51 – 70 participants = HKD 24,000
- 71 – 90 participants = HKD 32,000
- 91 – 110 participants = HKD 40,000
Rearrange the order boxes for chronological need.
Data cards are the most important, so please make them first, then:
Tips, sample itinerary, registration waiver, safety site check guide, on-site briefing, cert of completion
- The programme now has the full endorsement and support from the Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA) – ZWIA was established to promote positive alternatives to landfills and incinerators and to raise community awareness of the social and economic benefits to be gained in striving for Zero Waste. It is a US-based organization with members from over 50 countries that aims to provide assistance to companies, universities, governments and other organizations for the development of tools aimed at the reduction and extinction of solid waste generation.2. The certification process is now aligned with the globally standardized ZWIA – In 2005, the Planning Group of ZWIA adopted the use of 10 principles that aims in addition to guide and evaluate both current and future Zero Waste policies established by companies, and the evaluation of employees, customers, suppliers and society in general, with regard to resource efficiency of businesses.
3. The ZWIA board of directors have voted Hong Kong as the host for the 2016 International Zero Waste Dialogue – Since 2002, ZWIA has organized eight Zero Waste International Dialogues to bring Zero Waste corporate and community members together from around the world to collaborate and celebrate a world working towards Zero Waste. The Dialogue will be held November 13-15th, and will provide a platform focused on innovative and practical solutions to reduce waste generation. International case studies will be highlighted as well as the work of communities and agencies that are on the cutting edge of sustainable materials management. Participation in the Challenge includes full, complementary access to all activities.
4. We have further developed the programme syllabus and zero waste master class content – International experts from the US, Europe, South America, and other parts of Asia have confirmed their support and participation.
The programme will kick off during the last week of April, 2016, with a breakfast meeting, media kick-off and master class with international expert leaders.
Confirmation deadline: April 15, 2016
Programme kickoff, media event, &
Zero Waste Master Class #1: April 29, 2016
Zero Waste International Dialogue, &
Zero Waste Master Class #2: November 2016
Zero Waste Master Class #3: April 2017
Zero Waste International Dialogue, &
Zero Waste Master Class #4: November 2017
Programme wrap up, award ceremony & media event: April 2018
For information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (852) 2868 5585