The HKC and its Organisers are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (“PDPO“). By providing any information, personal or otherwise, anywhere on HKC Website or in relation to the HKC, you indicate your understanding of, and agreement to, the respective privacy policies of HKC Organisers set out below.
- is an independent data user of your personal data and handles your personal data separately from each other;
- may adopt different privacy policies in relation to your personal data; and
- is not responsible for each other’s acts and omissions in protecting your data privacy.
Ecovision Asia takes your privacy very seriously.
Purpose of collecting personal data:
- to communicate with you and assist with your queries;
- for direct marketing purposes to send you information, offers, newsletters and other materials
- for its general business operations and record-keeping; and
- to the extent required by law.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks on the online registration form for HKC. If you choose not to provide certain personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the information or services you require. We regard the security of your personal data as a priority and implements a number of physical and electronic measures to protect it.
Types of personal data we collect:
- Your personal contact information such as your name, telephone numbers, email address and mailing address;
- Your information relating to your participation of the HKC such as the name and types of the group which you register with and your previous HKC experience, as well as other specific solicited feedback from time to time; and
- Your photographs and videos, if you provide them.
Transfer of personal data.
- to vendors and suppliers that provide (i) publishing services, including content, mailing, printing, payment processing, data processing and other related services; and (ii) general business and administrative services in connection with operations;
- to government or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- to other subsidiaries and affiliates;
- where you have otherwise consented; and
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
HKC and or Ecovision Asia may also provide your personal data to organisations that may offer you discounts, benefits, products and/or services related to your support. In this regard, we may provide your personal contact information such as your name, address, phone numbers and/or email address to other non-profit non-governmental organizations as well as companies in the following lines of business: financial services, travel, telecommunications, hospitality, real estate, restaurants, clothing, luxury goods, personal care, media, electronics, energy and water, natural resources development and management and agriculture. We may receive compensation or other benefits in exchange.
However, we will not provide your personal data to third parties as described above unless we receive your written consent to do so.
Direct marketing. As discussed above, Ecovision Asia will use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, but for these purposes Ecovision Asia will only use your contact information such as name, address, phone numbers and/or email address and you may opt out of such communications at any time via built-in unsubscribe mechanisms or by request via the contact details listed below.
Access, correction and queries. For access, correction and queries relating to your personal data held by,Ecovision Asia please refer to contact information below. Please note Ecovision Asia has no control over the data practices of HKC or its other Organisers.
You may at any time request a copy of your personal data held by Ecovision Asia or that your personal data be updated, corrected, or deleted by contacting Ecovision Asia directly. You may also contact Ecovision Asia if you have any other queries or complaints with respect to privacy policies or practices. As permitted by the PDPO, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your data access request. When you request access, Ecovision Asia may need to take measures to verify your identity. You may contact Ecovision Asia regarding privacy enquries at:
Ecovision Asia Limited
222-224 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2868 5585