Welcome to the Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge – the region’s largest environmental event, now in its 20th year. We have engaged over 350,000 participants, and have cleaned up over 22,000,000 kgs of trash!
For nearly two decades, with the help of you, our valued volunteers, we have cleaned up thousands of miles of coastline, picking up anything you could imagine from straws and cigarette buts to fishing gear and household appliances.
As the official International Coastal Cleanup(ICC) coordinator on behalf of Ocean Conservancy since 2003, we are now running The ICC Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge yearlong!
This past year, over 48 million pieces of rubbish were cleared from the Hong Kong region during the annual Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge. The result; tens of thousands of community members contributing to the Global Trash Index – compiled each year by our international charity partner, Ocean Conservancy, providing the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Growing by popular demand, and the desire to keep Hong Kong cleanup, anyone can register for The Challenge and contribute to a cleaner Hong Kong all year long!
There are three ways to participate in the ICC Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge!
Our professional team organises and manages tailored, bespoke Cleanup Events on request. Management fees are based on group size among other factors. Please email us for a qoute – pricing starts at HK$10,000. info@Hkcleanup.org
Aligning with The Hong Kong Cleanup provides a way to contribute to a cleaner, healthier environment. Furthermore, your company brand benefits from a partnership in many ways, some of which include:
- Creating positive brand alliance with a highly visible and worthy cause
- Positions company as an employer of choice in Hong Kong
- Engaging your employees in a fun, inclusive, and family-friendly event that helps “build morale, culture and company pride”
- Extensive marketing across all Hong Kong Cleanup outreach efforts for the entire year
3. REGISTER A TEAM FOR A NON-MANAGED CLEANUP ! Simply get some colleagues, friends, family, or classmates together, pick a date and location, and fill out THE TEAM CAPTAIN form below. When completing the form, please allow 1 week lead time for your selected date, so that you will have time to get organised. Please also note that cleanup sites are allocated first-come, first-served, so your selection is not finalised until you receive a written confirmation from our team.
The Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge:
Earth Day (April 22) and ICC World Cleanup Day (3rd Saturday in September)
Managed Cleanups: All year long
Data Compilation & Annual Report: Cut off 1 December each year, data collected and global report published in March/April
Need help? Check our maps to find a location for your cleanup!
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com
Good luck, have fun – and thank you for everything you do for the oceans!