Hong Kong Cleanup Challenge Participation Terms & Conditions
By registering for participation in the Hong Kong Cleanup and its Challenges (“HKC”), you (on behalf of yourself, your organisation and group members) understand and agree with HKC Organisers (including Ecozine and The Nature Conservancy) and to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“HKC Participation Terms”).
You (on behalf of yourself, your organisation/group) agree to:
1. Allow HKC Organisers to capture, store and display the content you provide in the manner outlined in the site processes, unless otherwise specified in writing.
2. Submit all required registration details in order to be acknowledged and supported as a registered team, including personal details, fee payment, and team member details. Non-completion of these items is equal to non-completion of registration to participate, unless otherwise specified in writing.
4. Abide by the terms and conditions for use of HKC Website. (view here)
5. Never hold HKC Organisers liable for, but instead to hold harmless, defend and indemnify HKC Organisers for: any injury sustained by you, your organisation or HKC participants or third parties; any loss or damage to property owned by, or in the possession of, you, your organisation or HKC participants or third parties; any act or omission, negligence or fault of any person organising or participating in the activity or activities undertaken.
6. Manage and promote any activity registered as part of the HKC in a responsible manner, giving consideration to factors including the safety of volunteers, supervision at activity or clean up sites and the proper disposal of waste.
7. Conduct your cleanup activities in a manner consistent with local laws and regulations, including but not limited to obtaining all necessary and all appropriate insurances.
8. Ensure your HKC activities align with HKC’s Mission; are conducted in a spirit of co-operation with other participants; are positive, engaging and respectful; and encourage participation (including not charging a participation fee).
9. Allow your group/activity contact details to be sent to HKC Organisers and the media for communication and promotional purposes related to HKC, unless otherwise specified and agreed in writing.
10. Gain photo/video approval from participants in your activities and allow HKC Organisers and the media to use any images and activity details you send us for communication and promotional purposes related to HKC.
11. Only make representations on behalf of a HKC Organiser with express written permission from the relevant HKC Organiser.
12. Only use HKC marks or any other marks owned by or associated with HKC with express written permission from the relevant HKC Organiser.
13. Warrant that you are at least 18 years old and you warrant that all your group members are either at least 18 years old or minors whose parent or legal guardians have given consent for the minors’ participation in HKC.
HKC Organisers may change the above information from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page prior to future participation, to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Statement is effective from July 1st, 2016.
If you have any enquiry or concerns regarding these HKC Participation Terms, please
contact us: Hong Kong Cleanup
Room 107, 1F, Kai Wong Commercial Building
222-224 Queens Road Central
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2868 5585